In a situation where you bought a new android device,you might experience the challenge of moving your contact from your former device to the new one . There are series of options to overcome this challenge of moving contacts and i will be showing you in this post. Some procedures may vary depending on the android version , but however,these method are quite easy so there is no need to worry even when you are not much of a geek,fellow these steps to move old contacts from an old android phone to a new one.
1.Back Up Your Phone Contacts To Sim
- Go to your contacts/people
- check for a settings menu as if you are backing up sim contacts
- Select import/export contact
- choose export which will export your contacts to your device storage.(The contacts will take the form of a vcard file which can be sent to another phone via Bluetooth or email)
- completing the remaining part of the process will require a PC. Connect the device to a PC via USB then transfer the VCard file. You can perform this also via Bluetooth transfer.
- Once the vCard file is on your PC, via your browser, goto Google.com/contacts and select import contacts.
- Select the choose file option to enable you browse the vCard file stored on the PC
- After locating the file ,click on import.
- Your contacts will be stored to your google account and can be accessed from any device provided you can sign into your account on google.
- Using Your Google playstore,install My Contact Backup(MCBackup)
- Start the app and allow access to your contacts when prompted
- Tap the Green Labelled button labelled Backup
- Followed by a tap on the blue button labelled Send
- You will be provided with different options to send your file to a new device,some options may include OneDrive. Whatsapp,Dropbox,Message,Bluetooth,Gmail,Skype,OneNote and Android Beam
- The file appears as a VCard file on the new phone,when received open and save.